Thank you for your interest in Village School!
To stay up to date on admissions events this fall, please sign up here.
Check out our slideshow to get a glimpse into life at Village School! Please note that images in this video were captured before the Covid-19 pandemic and do not reflect the current mitigation strategies adopted by Village School.
Admissions Process at Village School
Village School includes grades 5-8. Rising fifth grade classes are formed in the fall and early winter of each year. Applications from interested fourth graders are accepted until January 7, 2022. Admissions decisions are mailed in early February.
Applications for other grades are taken when and if there are openings. Families of interested applicants for sixth, seventh, and eighth grades should complete the “Parent Questionnaire” and “Applicant Questionnaire” and return them to the Village School office. If an opening occurs, all applicants with applications on file will be contacted and considered for the opening(s).
Please visit our website for upcoming admissions events and sign-up to learn more about Village School and our all-girl middle school experience. Interested fourth grade students are asked to complete the following application.
The Application consists of five parts:
- The Parent Questionnaire completed by the student’s parents or guardians
- The Applicant Questionnaire completed by the prospective student
- The Teacher Recommendation Form these two Google Forms will be sent directly from Village School to teachers; one completed by a teacher who knows the applicant well (3rd or 4th grade) and the second from an extracurricular teacher or coach who knows the applicant well.
- Request for Release of Academic Records to be given to the applicant’s current school administration
- $175 application fee which covers the cost of the required testing
After submission of an application and application fee, applicants will take the Woodcock-Johnson IV, Tests of Achievement. This one-on-one test of reading, math, and writing skills is administered by an independent educational psychologist. The psychologist will contact you directly and schedule the test, which will be administered via telehealth this year.
The final step in the process is a parent interview with Eliza O’Connell, Head of School; at the same time the prospective student meets with one of our faculty.
Village School admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship programs, and other school-administered programs.