Village School is a warm and welcoming place for girls to discover their strengths, find their own voices, and grow into confident, self-reliant, and intellectually curious learners. By providing the skills and support necessary to engage in a challenging four-year curriculum, Village School prepares girls to safely take risks and make responsible personal and academic choices.
We believe that:
- An all-girls environment allows girls to develop independent self expression.
- Enhancing the social, emotional, and physical well being of girls is necessary for a well-rounded education.
- Extending learning beyond the classroom walls and into the community fosters compassion and social responsibility.
We believe learning is successful when:
- There is a balance between challenge and comfort.
- Content is related to past learning, connected to future learning and made relevant across disciplines.
- Students are motivated from within as well as by the interaction with peers and the learning environment.
- Students are able to reflect on the act of learning and intentionally employ techniques to further their knowledge.
- A variety of teaching and assessment strategies are employed.
- The community of students, teachers, and staff embraces the importance of learning and the power of knowledge.